Margherita Lasagna Pizza Recipe
For the pizza dough:
- 3 cups of Italian “00” flour
- 1 cup of lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of active dry yeast
For the toppings:
- 1 cup of homemade tomato sauce, made from vine-ripened San Marzano
tomatoes and fresh basil
- 6-8 fresh lasagne sheets, made from scratch using Italian durum wheat
flour and organic free-range eggs
- 2 cups of freshly grated buffalo mozzarella cheese, made from the milk of
grass-fed buffalo in Campania, Italy
- Fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
Making the Pizza Dough:
- Mix the flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl.
- Gradually add the lukewarm water and extra virgin olive oil, and mix until a
soft, smooth dough forms.
- Knead the dough for 10-15 minutes until it becomes elastic and springy.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours.
Preparing the Pizza:
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature
for about an hour before rolling it out.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Roll out the dough into a large circle or rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Transfer the dough onto a baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Spread the homemade tomato sauce evenly over the pizza dough, leaving
a small border around the edges.
- Arrange the fresh lasagne sheets on top of the tomato sauce,
- Sprinkle some torn basil leaves, salt, and black pepper over the
- Generously sprinkle the freshly grated buffalo mozzarella cheese on top of
the lasagne sheets, making sure to cover the entire surface.
- Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil over the pizza.
- Bake the pizza in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese
is melted and bubbly and the crust is golden brown.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Garnish with some more torn basil leaves.
- Slice the pizza into portions and serve hot
Created using AI by Mark Khoder
Please note, this recipe has not been cooked in real life; this is designed to
inspire you and get the creative side of your brain thinking, regardless of
how good or weird the idea is.
I am absolutely speechless about how Your SocialChef
transformed my business. We were always providing
good products and services, but not many people
could see us. Your SocialChef opened the window
for many customers to be able to find us.
Sam Jafari, Owner of Mister Margherita
Let’s find what works together.
Are you ready for an exciting and promising career?
Be part of our awesome team!